Mixer and Dlive

It would be good if Brave supported Mixer and Dlive for streaming because Twitch sucks.

1 Like

Especially Mixer now that Shrouds there. These guys would be pretty future advocates of Brave.

2 Likes

Hold up. Seems like we got a fellow gamer here in our midst. Yow @Gluuten whatsup. You a streamer?

Ain’t sure if that’s possible as of the moment with Brave. Nice idea you have there tho. Im sure the Brave team will look into that. Appreciate the input. Continue using brave man! Who knows, sooner or later brave might support Dlive and mixer. Possibilities are endless.

Perhaps you try creating videos and sign up for our brave rewards program. That way, people will be able tip you with BAT. You can plug your verified channel/site too! Im sure there are other gamers here like you and i.

Anywho, have you tried refereum? Is a referral blockchain for the gaming industry. It features smart contracts established directly between developers and gamers which help in creating a decentralized and transparent marketplace with the purchase made recorded on the blockchain.

1 Like

Twitch is supported by the Brave rewards program though Mixer is owned by Microsoft so I can imagine they would wanna keep everything in house. But a partnership does sound interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m signed up for Brave Rewards on my YouTube channel. I stream on Mixer a lot, so I think it would be nice to have it there. Very excited about the future of BAT.

Thanks for the Refereum tip.

1 Like

Mixer is owned by Microsoft, but please note that Twitch is owned by Amazon.

Even though Microsoft is very passionate about Microsoft Edge for some reason I think the Mixer team would be very open to working with Brave.

In DLive’s case, I think it is very similar to sliver.tv and would be successful with BAT.

1 Like

Hey @mellowyellow – To add some detail to this, Twitch itself is not a verified publisher. The streamers are the publishers. Same with Youtube! Youtube is not verified, but if you go to youtube.com/batcommunity (as an example) that channel is verified. Your local copy of Brave keeps a list of who is verified.

The best part about this is we don’t require permission from Twitch/Microsoft to do this. If we find a site that fits, we can add tipping to it. This takes a lot of time to setup so the team has to be selective with what sites it’s adding.

@Gluuten Awesome to hear you signed up for Brave Rewards on your YouTube! Are you using your referral link to refer new users to the Brave browser?

And, to @Gluuten, @mellowyellow, @markramos118991: if you haven’t already, perhaps you want to list your channel in the https://forum.batcommunity.org/c/creator-publisher-corner/self-promotion section, describe what it’s about, and why you started it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s actually amazing to hear and does make more sense why Twitch is eligible for The Brave rewards program. I can imagine platforms like Mixer and Dlive would be a great market to target considering their small audience numbers giving Content creators more options for revenue streams. Especially now that Mixer has two of Twitch’s top partners moved to their platform and the conversation on Twitter amongst popular streamers and fans is who’s next! The incentive even if just initially in the Crypto space to give Mixer a chance is more enticing . I do think Dlive would be salty you’re bypassing their Lemon currency though :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

@mellowyellow It’s possible they could be salty. But for users, this could work well for them in cases like this. Theoretically. if Brave were to support a site like Dlive, they could receive both Lemon and BAT, and one wouldn’t interfere with the other.

1 Like