Minds and other social media sites

Contributing to individual accounts on Minds.com

I’ve been seeing how donating BAT works. So far I’ve noticed some neat integration into some websites like Reddit where I’ll see the BAT symbol added as another option where you would normally reply or report a post.

On other sites where I couldn’t find the symbol in the body of the site I noticed that it was at the top in the address bar. A blue check means it’s a verified site.

When I go to Minds.com I noticed that it has an option to donate BAT to Minds themselves but the option isn’t available for individual users on Minds. When I got to my own Minds account page, the symbol on the address bar shows that it’s verified but when I click it, my name doesn’t come up, only Minds.com.

I figured Minds themselves has to do some kind of extra step for each individual account or perhaps this is something that can be rectified on the BAT team end? I’m not sure, but I’d really like to start taking advantage of alternative internet media sources like BitChute, Soundcloud, Minds, Gab, and Artstation.

A more established site like Steam would be really nice as well. Since steam basically makes separate communities for each game that is available on the platform, and Steam users can submit guides and such that are easily accessible from the overlay, it’d be nice to be able to contribute BAT to users who have made guides or contributed to Steam through Brave.

1 Like

Hey mate, my guess is that this is something implemented in cooperation with Brave. I’m not sure if this is coded into the website on the owners end or this if this is just enabled functionality through the brave browser but I’m guessing the website itself needs to request the addition of this these functions unlike the tipping function that is baked into the browser (and all a website needs to do is verify).

2 Likes