Glitch in Brave Rewards

Did you check your Brave rewards today?

I started to use Brave as a browser on January 23rd. When I came into the office this morning and started working my estimated pending rewards were shown as 2.2 BAT. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay attention to the counter for ad notifications received this month as they are not shown on the home screen when you lunch Brave.

Due to an update, I had to restart my laptop and when I opened Brave the estimated pending rewards suddenly decreased to 1.75 BAT. At this stage I checked the counter for ad notifications received this month as well - counter showed ‘44’.

In the beginning, I noticed that each ad shown added 0.05 BAT to the estimated pending rewards. Doing the math, a counter with 44 ad notifications received this month would result in approx. 2.2 BAT but not 1.75 BAT.

Someone else experienced the same this morning? This shouldn’t happen at all? Well, we are talking just about a few cents but imagine this has happened across all Brave users. Is there support I can talk to? Some other forms of validation possible? Any ideas?

9 Likes

Hello @bitcoindelight,

You may want to forward your issue to community.brave.com so Brave Support team can take a look on your issue.

Thanks

3 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t realize that there are two different forums as both look so similar.

3 Likes

@bitcoindelight
Yes, this happened to me too, and I didn’t know why

2 Likes

Sure you don’t have auto-contribution on?

1 Like

This is a issue which is going on for many users - check Brave rewards. So far no comment from devs on any topics at the Brave community forum. None of those people complaining have auto-contribution enabled. The decrease of my BAT had happened two days in a row now and I stopped using Brave. Not convinced at all.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update - Not very comforting to hear and I’ve only recently starting using Brave so let’s see…

1 Like

Really, :frowning_face:,? How I can get rewards. I never get anything (sad) :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hi, after some investigation, we have identified the issue. If you could e-mail me your brave://rewards-internals (chrome://rewards-internals on Android), we will be able to fix this issue for you. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks chriscat! I left my laptop at the office, so I have to come back to this on Monday. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!!!

3 Likes

Hi!
I’ve got same issue. Is there and adress where I can send my rewards internals, or should we wait for some kind of update? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ahhh …ok, but which your e-mail I have to mail you @chriscat?

1 Like

There is an explanation from team: https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/ewwnys/estimated_pending_rewards_bug_january_31_2020/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

1 Like

Just deleted this post here as I didn’t realize a reply via email appears on this forum as well. I have send all information to your reddit user account bat-chriscat. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. Just posting it here so the Brave team knows that I am affected.

1 Like

FYI @all : So far I am still waiting for response from chriscat. Will keep you updated.

1 Like